Over the past several years, fixed rate mortgages have been at historical lows, making this type of loan a very popular and less complicated choice to home buyers. As the name states, the interest rates do not change for the duration of the loan, once it is locked in.
Fixed rate mortgages do not have associated mortgage indexes, margins, or caps, because they are not variable-rate loans. Another popular component of the fixed-rate mortgage is that your monthly payment remains the same throughout the life of the loan.
What is it?
- Payment remains stable over the life of the loan
- Low risk, protection from rate increases
- 10, 15, 20, 25, 30-year terms
- 15 and 30-year fixed rate Jumbo loan terms
Best for homeowners who:
- Plan to stay in the home for a long time
- Want the security of knowing that their payment will not change
Ask about these special programs:
- 5/1 Fixed/Adjustable
- County Grants, IHDA Grants